The National Defence Academy (NDA), is an Indian Armed Forces training institution located at Khadakwasla near Pune in Maharashtra state, India. The academy offers a three-year program designed to train cadets from the Army, Navy and Air Force on military tactics, weapons handling, leadership as well as academic subjects like mathematics, physics and chemistry. Physical fitness training, sports, and extracurricular activities are included as part of this program. Once complete, cadets go on to their respective service academies for further training before commissioning as officers in the Indian Armed Forces. NDA admissions are highly competitive; candidates must pass an entrance examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
Selection Process for NDA (National Defense Academy)?
The process for choosing an NDA candidate is highly competitive and comprises various steps, as follows.
- Written Examination: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) administers a written exam comprising of two papers – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). Candidates who pass the written examination are invited to attend a five-day SSB Interview process consisting of psychological tests, group discussions, and personal interviews.
- Medical Examination: Candidates who pass their SSB interview are then required to undergo a medical examination to ensure they fulfill all physical and medical standards required for service in the Indian Armed Forces.
- Final Merit List: The final merit list is created based on each candidate’s performance in the written examination, SSB interview and medical examination processes. Candidates whose names appear on this merit list are offered admission into the NDA.
Be mindful that NDA admissions are extremely competitive; only a select few candidates who apply will gain admission. Candidates should therefore prepare carefully and check they fulfill eligibility requirements prior to sitting for their exam.
Best NDA Coaching Center In Agra
Why Join Senaabhyas For NDA Coaching
Joining an Senaabhyas National Defence Academy coaching center may provide several advantages to individuals seeking careers in the Indian Armed Forces. Here are a few reasons to join Senaabhyas’ NDA center:
- Expert guidance: Senaabhyas coaching centers feature experienced and qualified trainers that offer expert guidance to NDA applicants. Their trainers possess comprehensive knowledge about the exam pattern, syllabus and selection process – helping candidates develop necessary skills and strategies needed for passing this arduous examination.
- Structured Approach: Senaabhyas coaching centers take an organized and disciplined approach to learning, with well-organized curriculums and study materials covering every topic of the NDA syllabus. This method helps candidates stay focused and on track with their preparation process.
- Mock tests and practice sessions: Senaabhyas coaching centers conduct mock tests and practice sessions regularly to allow candidates to evaluate their performance and identify areas for improvement, thus building their confidence and increasing scores in the actual exam.
- Peer Learning: Joining a Senaabhyas NDA coaching center offers candidates a chance to engage in peer learning. Candidates can interact with fellow aspirants and gain from their experiences and insights; this can broaden their perspective and enhance learning.
- Motivation and support: Senaabhyas NDA coaching centers also offer motivation and support to candidates. Trainers can motivate candidates to stay on target with their goals and work tirelessly towards attaining them; additionally they offer emotional support and guidance to help candidates overcome any setbacks or hurdles they encounter along the way.
Best NDA Coaching Centre In Agra
Senaabhyas is the Best NDA Coaching Centre In Agra And India As Well. where cadets of the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together before they go on to pre-commissioning training in their respective service academies.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NDA
Best NDA Coaching Centre In Agra and NA a written entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Notification for the exam appears in all major national dailies in the month of Dec/Jan for the April exam and in the months of May/June for the September exam.
The exam is held in the months of April and September. Candidates must apply to sit for the examination, online on the UPSC website after notification is released by UPSC
|Tentative Vacancies Per Course
|300 (Twice a year) or As notified from time to time Army – 195Air Force – 66Navy – 39
|Notification in Employment News/ leading daily news Paper/ UPSC website
|Jun and Dec as Notified by UPSC
|Between 16 ½ to 19 ½ yrs Between 16 ½ to 19 ½ yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence.
|12th Class of 10+2 System of Education. Maths and Physics are compulsory for Air force and Navy. Commerce and Arts students can apply for army.
|Male candidates only. Women cannot apply for NDA.
|Likely SSB Date
|Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr
|Date Commencement of Training
|Jan and Jul
|NDA , Khadakwasla, Pune
|Duration of Training
|3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at IMA(For Army cadets)/ 3 Yrs at NDA and 1 Yrs at Naval Academy( for Naval cadets)/3 Yrs at NDA and 1 & ½ Yrs at AFA Hyderabad (For AF cadets)
NDA EXAM PATTERN
NDA written exam is comprised of two tests. Duration of each test is two and a half hours and both are conducted on the same day, consecutively. Examination is set by the UPSC.
|General Ability Test
SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAMINATION
MATHEMATICS (Maximum Marks 300):
Algebra: Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws. Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line.
Complex numbers – basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions.
Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its application. Logarithms and their applications.
Matrices and Determinants: Types of matrices, operations on matrices Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinant. Adjoin and inverse of a square matrix, Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
Trigonometry: Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrically ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and different formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications – Height and distance, properties of triangles.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions: Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in a general form.
Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three-dimensional space, the distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
Differential Calculus: Concept of a real-valued function – domain, range and graph of a function. Best NDA Coaching Centre Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits – examples.
Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of a function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications.
Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, a derivative of a function with respect to another function, a derivative of a composite function. Second-order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima. NDA Coaching Agra
Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications.
Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of the first order and first-degree differential equations of various types – examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
Vector Algebra: Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, the addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product and cross product of two vectors. Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
Statistics and Probability: Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples. Measures of Central tendency – mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events.
Best NDA Coaching Center In Agra Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples. Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems. NDA Coaching Centre, Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems.
Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
GENERAL ABILITY TEST
Part ‘A’ – ENGLISH (Maximum Marks 200): The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like: Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’ – GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Maximum Marks 400):The question paper will consist of current affairs questions, questions from science, history, geography and polity. The NDA written exam syllabus includes subjects like History, Polity, Economics, Maths, Geography, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Current Affairs, GK, English etc.
RESULTS OF NDA EXAMINATION
UPSC declares the result of NDA written exam in 3-4 months after the written exam. The same can be viewed on the UPSC website. Being a competitive exam and there is no fixed cut off percentage for passing. Candidates who perform better are sent the call letters for SSB interviews.
The final merit list is prepared after the SSB interviews final result and displayed on the UPSC website. Joining instructions are sent to students based on vacancies available as per the merit list.